The Widgeon Theatre Boat website located at www.widgeontheatreboat.com is GDPR compliant and accessibility ready.
The Widgeon Theatre Boat is an all inclusive organisation and as such the website adheres to the website framework WCAG2.1 AA.
The website is built with webflow and we have followed their accessibility checklist which has inbuilt website accessibility and audit tools and adheres to the website framework WCAG 2.1 AA.
You can find out more information here
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website as possible, as such we have recently implemented many changes including
• zoom in without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate and listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS,NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand and checked the contrast ratio’s been text and background to make it visually clear.
The radio player is not on auto play and has song titles and images of the tracks played, where possible.
The website has been tested on IOS and Windows operating systems with Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari browsers. It has also been tested with android and IOS mobile devices with Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari browsers.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
This website is not fully accessible in some parts, which are listed below
• Video’s embedded on this website do not have subtitles on them. It is not possible to change these video’s as they were created and are hosted by third party providers. Any future video’s will have subtitles were appropriate.
• TheRadio player, which is an embed from www.radio.co, does not have subtitles or descriptive content for our regular DJ shows. This is because they are mixed into 1 – 2 hour shows and it is not possible for the radio player to show the tracklist as with individual tracks. Where possible a tracklist has been included on the shows archive page. Also the embedded mixcloud player on the radio show archives pages provides track information in real time. We are encouraging are DJs to provide us with track lists,where possible.
• Not all of the images have an individual alt description. For example on the radio page, radio shows image are all described as the same, as a flyer for the show. Also on the Gallery page the images do not have individual alt descriptions. We plan to update all of these and any other images without individual alt descriptions. Any future images will have individual alt descriptions, where possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements please get in contact with us using the contact details below.
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• web contact form : contact
We will look at your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
If you need any information on this website in a different format, for example accessible PDF, large print, easy read, please contact us using the above contact details.